IL NODO GROUP Association, with the sponsorship of
is pleased to announce the
8th International Working Conference
DECISION-MAKING AND ACCOUNTABILITY
〉 PRIMARY TASK
The primary task of this working conference is to offer an opportunity to explore how unconscious and nonverbal communication and group dynamics shape Decision-Making processes and influences accountability and various other aspects of ‘working together’ in this temporary learning community.
Individual members will have a chance to explore their own role and the way they operate within and on behalf of the whole system (the temporary learning organisation), reflecting on nonverbal and unconscious communication. Consequently they will be encouraged to take responsibility for their contribution whilst taking part in the daily life and relationships within the community.
A further learning objective of this event is to explore the various dimensions and connections between action, thinking and learning, so that the acquired insight can then be transferred and applied to different workplaces and practices.
The working conference will create an opportunity for a direct experience of the different elements that come into play when making decisions, and will stimulate reflection on what might constitute a democratic practice and an environmentally sustainable use of available resources in a healthy institution.
The themes focused upon in this year’s Working Conference are: The ability to make decisions and to take on responsibility.
The basic needs of community life will be dealt with by forming groups aimed at the following tasks:
• cleaning and tidying communal areas;
• organizing leisure activities;
• organizing other activities agreed upon during the course of the conference.
As in any other community or institution, participants will witness the emergence of interpersonal dynamics related to cohabiting and sharing, such as taking and delegating responsibility, working for others, making decisions, relating to authority and leadership, managing relationships between individuals and within groups, managing conflicts, using or wasting resources and much more.
In order to achieve these learning objectives, the conference will employ a “Learning from Action” methodology and it will be organised around a programme with a number of daily events, such as: Opening and Closing Plenary, Decision-Making Event and Decision-Making Groups, Activity Groups, Morning and Evening Community Meetings, Review and Application Groups and possible Emergency Meetings.
〉 OTHER INFORMATION
• No lectures will be held.
• A continued residence on site is expected for the whole duration of the Working Conference.
• It is useful, indeed recommended, to repeat the Working Conference. Those who have already taken part in at least one edition will form a S Group, enjoying some specific opportunities within the learning process and a tailored programme.
• The S Group’ programme will start on Friday 19th October 2018 at 10,30.
• We recommend careful and repeated reading of this leaflet, which may facilitate learning.
• The residence housing the Working Conference offers an opportunity to stay in rooms with several beds, and each person will have to take care of the management and tidying up of their personal spaces.
• Participation to the Conference is not recommended for individuals who are going through a period of high psycho-emotional stress.
• The main language for the international Working Conference will be English.
Firiday October 19th
11,45-12,45 Registration and snack
13,00-14,00 Opening plenary
14,30-16,00 Decision-making plenary
16,15-17,15 Decision-making groups 1
17,15-18,45 Activities 1
19,00-20,00 Evening community meeting 1
21,35-22,15 Community Free Time 1
Saturday October 20th
09,00-10,00 Morning community meeting 1
10,15-10,45 Decision-making groups 2
10,45-12,30 Activities 2
14,00-14,30 Community free time 2
14,45-15,15 Decision-making groups 3
15,30-16,45 Review geoups 3
17,00-18,30 Activities 3
18,45-19,45 Evening community meeting 2
21,35-22,15 Community free time 3
Sunday October 21st
08,00-09,00 Morning community meeting 2
09,10-09,40 Decision-making groups 4
09,45-11,30 Application Groups
11,35 12,30 Activities 4
13,30-14,00 Washing up & cleaning
14,00-15,00 Closing plenary
Any changes to this programme will be decided according to Staff needs and shared with participants both before and during the event.
Director - Giada Boldetti
Co-Director and Director of Activities - Luca Mingarelli
Project Administrator - Simona Masnata
Associate Administrator - Stefania Borghetti
CONSULTANTS CHOSEN BY
(not present at the event)
We recommend that participants arrive on time on Friday for registration and allocation of rooms between 11.45 and 12.30. Lunch on Friday is not included. A snack will be available.
In order to facilitate participation, we have chosen to lower inscription fees, with respect to the previous editions.
- The fee for the conference is € 500,00 ( + VAT 610,00 €) for enrolment by the 20th of September 1st of October and € 650.00 (+VAT 793.00 €) for enrolment from the 21st of September2nd October.
- The fee for S Group is € 550.00 ( + VAT 671,00 €) for enrolment by the 20th of September1st of October and € 700.00 ( + VAT 854.00 €) for enrolment from the 21st of September2nd of October.
- 4 Bursaries up to € 100.00 are available to participants upon application, for which the deadline is 16th September.
- There will be: a 10% discount for persons from abroad, for the organisations in partnership and for 2 participants from the same association or company, a 20% discount for 3 and more participants from the same organisation.
- To enrol fill in the form unloadable from www.ilnodogroup.it and pay an advance of 100,00 €.
English will be the main language of the Working Conference.
Agenzia Mosaico - via San Secondo, 31 - 10128 Torino
Tel. +39 011568 1238 / +39 011 5684423 | Fax + 39 011 505421
Event Administration Staff: Simona Masnata, Stefania Borghetti